Thursday, May 31, 2007

My New Orleans Home



I have a KITCHEN!!!!! I know you are wondering, what on earth am I talking about, everyone has a kitchen. However, not in New Orleans! I returned to New Orleans, LA from Austin, Texas (Cedar Park, TX to be exact) to continue the rebuilding process.
I added a second story, (see the picture above, side view of the house). The entire home will be painted within a couple of weeks (I found great colors). We have just completed the kitchen, and the appliances are working perfectly, especially the stove. I cooked my first meal on yesterday: Pork Chops, Macaroni & Cheese, Yams(New Orleans style) and corn bread. Today it will be Shrimp & Crawfish Pasta, Roast and Garlic Bread.

The family and I have been eating out since January. I thought I would love the opportunity to not cook, but there is nothing like home cooked food. Eating out got old, quick! The smell of the food cooking in the house is wonderful.

Do not take for granted anything that you own, because you will realize how much you need & miss it if it is unexpectedly gone. In honor of me, go and cook a fancy meal for the family, cheers to you. Back to the kitchen for me. YEAHHHHHHH!

Stay Tuned, I will be updating with pictures of the paint job, the new kitchen and the progress as it continues. I will also include some pics of the progression and lack of progression of the City of New Orleans.

1 comment:

Bike Drool said...

Interesting... good luck to you in NOLA